The Paris International Highland Gathering Championships
(Reg no. A2) Organised by Grampian Festivals
To be held on Saturday 28th November 2020 during the weekend of The International Gathering of Scottish Highland Dance.
Our annual Highland Gathering continues to grow both in stature and popularity, each year attracting highland dancers from all over the world.
As we enter our 10th year, we are excited and honoured to announce that this year’s gathering will again play host to The Paris International Highland Gathering Championship, the only RSOBHD Championship to be permanently held in mainland Europe promoting the profile of Scottish Highland Dancing. The Championships will be run by Grampian Festivals (Rhona Lawrence) who will be responsible for the operation of the Championship event having successfully run Highland Dancing Championships for over twenty years.
The Paris International Highland Gathering Championship is now entering its 5th Year and the entry fee is included within the official International Gathering of Scottish Highland Dance Package from Take Us 2 The Magic.
Your Beautiful New Performance Venue - Presenting the Millesime Montevrain Theatre.
This new theatre venue situated in the pretty suburb of Montevrain, 5 minutes from the Disney hotels and theme parks and within the Disney ring road, has all the amenities and facilities you would expect from a state of the art performance theatre. Luxurious comfortable tiered seating, onsite restaurant and bar with spectacular veranda space, beautiful staging with professional lighting, sound and projection system. Add to this a bespoke changing area within the venue as well as local shops and amenities within a 5 minute walk, we are excited to be calling the Millesime Montevrain Theatre the new home of the IGSHD Paris. Plus we will be providing a regular shuttle bus service for the 5 minute journey back and forth to your Disneyland Paris hotel throughout the day, letting you maximise your Disney experience around your competitions. For those guests that have interests outside of dancing and the parks, the theatre is only a short bus journey to the amazing Val d ’Europe, where you can see all of the wonders of the ocean at SEA Life, visit over 160 shops in the Val d ‘Europe Shopping Mall and over 110 shops at the La Vallee Village Designer Outlet or simply relax and enjoy a meal in the vast array of restaurants.
A Championship with a Difference!
Steps for all Championships as laid down by S.O.B.H.D for 2020
1. Highland Fling (4 steps)
2. Sword Dance (2 and 1)
3. Sean Triubhas (3 and 1)
4. Strathspey and Highland Reel
5. Barracks Johnnie (4 steps)
6. Highland Laddie (4 steps)
7. Flora MacDonald's Fancy (4 steps)
8. Scotish Lilt (4 steps)
7 and Under 11 years
16 Years and Under 18 Years
18 Years and Over
Age groups according to entries received
Events 5, 6, 7, 8
Prize money for Adult Championships
Prize money for 16 Years abd Under 18 Years - £15; £12; £10; £5; £5
Prize money for 18 Years and Over - £20; £18; £15; £10; £5; £5
• Annual Trophies will be awarded to the first 6 overall placings in each Championship.
• The Trophies awarded in all sections must be returned in good condition on or before the date specified on the receipt signed by the winner of such.
• Specially Commissioned Keeper trophies will be awarded to all championship finalists.
• The Organiser reserves the right to adjust age groups according to the number of entries.
• The Organiser accepts no responsibility for injury or loss of property.
• All dancing events will operate under the rules of the R.S.O.B.H.D.
• All Competitors must be registered with the R.S.O.B.H.D. registration scheme. Registration cards must be produced before prizes will be awarded.
• All Competitors must be prepared to dance another Reel to make up numbers in a set if required.
• Competitors are limited to a maximum of eight dances on any one day
Late Entries may not be printed in the programme.
The use of video or cameras and flash photography is strictly forbidden.
Entries close Friday 31st July 2020.
Any Championship enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tel: 07801 440098
14 Eider Road
|Click HERE to fill in the Paris Championship ENTRY ONLY online entry form
Click HERE to fill in the Paris Championship ENTRY WITH PACKAGE online entry form