(Reg no. A2) Organised by Grampian Festivals
Our annual Highland Gathering continues to grow both in stature and popularity, each year attracting highland dancers from all over the world.
As we enter our 8th year, we are excited and honoured to announce that this year’s gathering will again play host to The Paris International Highland Gathering Championship, the only SOBHD Championship to be permanently held in mainland Europe promoting the profile of Scottish Highland Dancing. The Championships will be run by Grampian Festivals (Rhona Lawrence) who will be responsible for the operation of the Championship event having successfully run Highland Dancing Championships for over twenty years. Billy Forsyth MBE will continue to be the Master of Ceremonies for all the Gathering events.
A Championship with a Difference!
Steps for all Championships as laid down by S.O.B.H.D for 2018
1. Highland Fling
2. Sword Dance
3. Sean Triubhas
4. Strathspey and Half Reel
5. Barracks Johnnie (4 steps)
6. Highland Laddie (4 steps)
7. Blue Bonnets (4 steps)
8. Village Maid (4 steps)
7 and Under 10 years
16 Years and Over
Age groups according to entries received
Events 5, 6, 7,8
Annual trophies will be awarded to the first 6 overall places in each championship.
The trophies awarded in all sections must be returned in good condition.
Keeper awards awarded to all championship finalists.
Prize money for Adult Championships
£20; £18; £15; £10; £5; £5
Premier National keepers will be awarded to the winner and runner up
• The championships will operate under rules of the SOBHD
• The organiser reserves the right to adjust age groups according to entries received
• The organiser accepts no responsibility for injury or loss of property
• All competitors must be registered with the SOBHD registration scheme. Registration cards must be produced before prizes will be awarded
• All competitors must be prepared to dance another Reel to make up numbers in a set if required
• Please note late entries may not be printed in the programme
• The use of video or cameras and flash photography is strictly forbidden
Any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org